PTA - May '19
· Emily Chen opened the meeting
· The Nominating Committee announced the results for the PTA Executive. As all positions ran uncontested Joshua Bloodworth called to accept to the board as a mass and Sabreen Nzekio seconded the motion. All were in favor; no abstentions
· Those running for SLT provided a statement and ballots for the SLT were distributed. Ballots were counted during the meeting.
· Monique Minto Gonzalez went over the budget
· She reminded everyone about the SpringFest.. We are looking for volunteers!
· Andrea Boffa read over the April meeting minutes.
· Nathalie Clunis updated us on the successful Raise 11.
· There are about 50 items that will be auctioned off/sold beginning Friday.
· We raised $105,788! The most we have ever raised! Nathalie expressed her thanks to the hard work of the committee.
· Mrs. Rand made some announcements as the Safety Coordinator – please do not double park near the school out of consideration for our neighbors. Please be sure to pick up your child on time. Finally, The official state tests results do not come in until August.
· A parent asked about Middle School – Ms Nathanial will start meetings in September to advice parents and pass on information. Ms Nathaniel does hold office hours to advice students and parents, and will also run workshops on the application process.
· The SWC announced the last committee meeting of the year and encouraged everyone to come out.
· Seble Tareke-Williams announced that a group of parents and teachers will be running the Brooklyn Half Marathon – This will be a fundraising opportunity – you can link to the donation page from the PS11 website.
· Keisha DeVaughn announced the winners of the Teacher Time Raffle. All winners will be notified through their class.
· The results of the SLT meeting were announced; Congratulations to Ron McGrew, Erica Phillips, Kate Siener.
· The Meeting was adjourned.